Social Media Intern - Week 1

We all do it. In bed. On the couch. In the bathroom. In the car. Social Media (you perves) is something that we are connected to all day every day. We want to be heard, by each other, by our friends, and occasionally by celebrities (I've been retweeted by Michael Kors and Monique Lhuillier has liked my Instagram post about her). Have you ever thought, "Wow this is so easy I could do it for a living?"

Well that is what I am doing at my internship in Paris. I am the "Social Media" intern for Icon-Icon, a fashion website dedicated to the icons of the past, present, and future. What seemed like a simple task of Facebooking, Tweeting, Instagraming, and Pinteresting, was not a walk in the park. With social media comes a lot of responsibility. I've learned quite quickly in my first week that it is all about knowing who your target market is and how to appeal to them. In this first week I've discussed many topics and ideas on how to reach out to new followers and a wider demographic. The catch here is that we are still a small company. We are still working on getting our name out there and recognized by people, like those of you who read my blog.

Yes, I may have it easy sitting at a desk all day on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest while also on my phone Instagram-ing about the latest articles and posts but it is an intense job to keep up with especially when you are competing with thousands of other well established publishing companies and brands! I am having so much fun getting to know and understand how the industry works so that when I develop my own website for my fashion brand I'll know right away just what to do!

My retweet from Michael Kors!



Proudest moment: Monique Lhuillier liked my post about her show on Instagram!

For where I left off on my outfits:


This is one of my favorite jackets! I love anything that is Boucle and why not add a few stands of pearls and chains (a la Coco Chanel)? 


The ideal outfit for the morning I decided I was too tired to properly wake up on time! Glad I have my go to basics (another Boucle jacket)! 



After my first week I was in desperate need of a little bit of "retail therapy" and what better way to go to the mall than with a classic jacket -ideal for the weather and walking around- light tank top, jeans, and boots? Don't forget your LBB (Little Black Bag, a la Michael Kors, ideal for the necessary items: lipstick, keys, and credit card)! 


And yes, I do like to shop. I'm finding that in Paris I don't have much trouble finding something to like!
Lucky for me, unlucky for my wallet ;) 


How the best nights are spent in Paris



Most enjoyable issue I've ever owned! 







Comments

Popular Posts