Paris Fashion Week! #InternStyle

It's the most wonderful time of (my) year! Yes, it is Christmas for me for an entire week! Paris Fashion Week has finally arrived and I am no longer behind the computer screen but behind the rows of glamorous photogs and Parisians who look like they walked straight out of a magazine! Now THAT is Paris fashion at its finest. Not what you see on the metro, sorry my friends. 

As social media intern and fashion design major and fashion obsessed self, I took it upon my self, to go to a show today just to see the likeliness of getting in. Mission successful! After waiting for an hour (where I got to watch some of the most fabulously dressed women I've ever seen and even made some friends in line) I was granted access to see the show by the designer that dressed Zoe Saldana for the Oscars this past week, Alexis Mabille!

Then my new friends told me about another show that evening that I was extremely likely to get into and I decided why not! I got home and quickly exchanged handbags for lighter traveling and headed out the door to the next show! I met 2 girls in line who were so sweet and kind to me that I can't wait to go vintage clothes shopping with them! We were able to successfully (after careful waiting) to get into the Peachoo Krejberg show where I fell in love with the drapery of each design that came down the runway. I guess you don't have to have a big name to have someone look at you and see talent. For me, this is everything that inspires me to be a designer. I may not be someone, but in someones' eyes I'm making a difference. That is what fashion is all about. Making a difference, even if it's just in one person's eyes.

After the inspiring show I was still on a fashion show kick and so were my 2 new friends. We decided to scope out the scene for the H&M show at the Musee Rodin. They were showing at Paris Fashion Week for the first time in 8 years! Could not believe that the opportunity to see an H&M show was right before my eyes, but it was actually before my eyes, hands, and feet. The line was strictly invitation only. As in, exclusive. I think they need to make that part a little bit more noted on the schedule...Don't put an address to a show if you don't want people to come sans invitation. After waiting for more than an hour my new friends and I sadly (and freezingly) threw in the towel and slumped our frozen selves to the metro to go home.

Nevertheless, day 1 of fashion show hunting was a complete success as I made it into 2 shows, made 2 new friends, and got them into 1 show. I can not wait to see  how the rest of the fashion hunting goes!

Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille
2013 Oscar Awards


My first Paris Fashion Show! 
Alexis Mabille Fall RTW 2013











My goodie bag and pamphlet post show! 


My second show!
Peachoo Krejberg Fall RTW 2013









The madness outside the Musee Rodin!
Who would have thought H&M would be so hard to get into!
Love and wear the brand but their security could have been a little nicer!
(They wouldn't even let in the board members WITH invitations)






Comments

Popular Posts