Concept Korea MBFW 2013

Ahh, it is Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week in New York City and I am here in Paris awaiting the shows at the end of the month. I don't mind being patient while New York, London, and Milan take their turns showing. I gave myself front row seating to the Concept Korea show tonight where I joyfully sat at my desk in yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt (clearly not the look for fashion week). 

Concept Korea is a collaborative project to introduce Korean Culture to overseas through Fashion and S/S 2013 is its 6th season since S/S 2010.

Concept Korea is organized by the Ministry of Culture Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea, the Daegu Metropolitan City, the Korea Creative Contest Agency and Korea Research Institute of Fashion Industry. 

The theme of this season is Five Korean Traditional Colors with five different meanings, Red (fire), Black (water), Blue (tree), White (iron), and Yellow (ground). Each of the five Concept Korea Designers will present with the colors. 

Here are the Designers in order of their showing and my favorite looks! 
My favorite of the night was Son Jung Wan!!

Designer: Kathleen Kye

 Designer: Kim Hong Bum





 Designer: Son Jung Wan









 Designer: Lie Sang Bong



 Designer: Choiboko

For more information on Concept Korea: http://www.conceptkorea.org/bizdemo6317/index.php

Comments

Popular Posts