Cough drops, Bronchitis, and Paris...Oh My!

Week 2 of my internship is over yet I'm not sure how much I got accomplished while being out sick for 2.5 days? Lucky for me, social media can be done on the couch tucked away under the blankets while drinking tea and popping all sorts of cold medicine while in your pj's. Yay! Although now that London Fashion Week has wrapped up we quickly jump right into Milan Fashion Week and the shows are amazing so far! Gucci, Alberta Ferretti, Versace, Moschino, Roberto Cavalli, to name a few! 

Yet, I've been confined to my couch where I've been coughing up my lungs left and right. Today I did manage to muster some strength and energy to go fabric shopping with my friend Christina and boy did we hit the mother load of fabric shopping! Over 60 euro we left happy and eager to get home to our sewing machines (which are back in the states...) I am so happy we went fabric shopping because that is really what coming to Paris is all about, tapping into the fashion industry and inspiration. We go to school to learn a craft that we care about but class after class and assignment after assignment it doesn't feel like it comes from the heart anymore. It comes from the deadlines and teachers. Being able to walk into a fabric shop today and choose a fabric because I liked it and I wanted to make something of it, is what inspires me to be a fashion designer. 

Now I am eager to get to my sketchbook, touch and play with the fabrics to determine how they lay, and really get back into designing. Designing is my career and Paris is the inspiration I needed to get me to see that! 

Monday's outfit (and yes I did some shopping! New jacket and sweatshirt)

                                                     
             

Tuesday's Outfit (and yes the scarf is new and yes it has skulls on it)


Wednesday's Outfit 
(I only got to wear it half the day before going home sick for the rest of the week)


The incredible fabric shop we went to where everything was sold in bulks of 3 meters (aka 3 yards) and the prices ranged from anywhere from 5 euro all the way up to 100 euro!






Amazing deal!! I managed to find incredible fabric in this bin!



This place is 5 floors and has everything from bridal silk to bathroom shower curtain fabric



My fabric I purchased! I did pretty well if you ask me!


I love the color and the odd print on this! 


I fished this out of the 5 euro bin!
Strangely this is not my style but I can't wait to sketch out ideas for it!


For 10 euro I got 3 meters (yards) of this! 


My biggest win for today! Boucle fabric that I can not wait to turn into a Chanel styled jacket!


It is even more beautiful up close!!


Comments

Popular Posts