London Bound (for a day at least)!

Some of you may know I am obsessed with Made in Chelsea (a reality tv show based in London following around rich 20 something year olds)! Ever since I saw my first episode a mere 4 months ago I have been obsessed with the accents, the clothes, the drama, and all things London! Well I got my wish yesterday when I went to London for the day!

No, I didn't go just to stalk the cast, although it had crossed my mind, but I went to see what all the buzz was about having spent the better half of my nights watching the seasons of the show!

My first stop in London was the Victoria & Albert Museum where I saw an amazing Fashion exhibit on clothing from every era. There was Dior, Chanel, and Galliano! It was beautiful and really showed how much each decade had changed. In the gift shop I found an autobiography on Christian Dior, it was a done deal. I left the museum with my new book in hand and made my way to Harrods where I would see the Christian Dior exhibit. 

I've been at a loss for words before but nothing like when I had entered the fourth floor Dior exhibit. It was like stepping into his personal world. There were videos of him speaking about the collections, muslin mock-ups of his most famous designs, the actual designs on display with the names of the famous women who had worn them, and his Lady Dior bag named for Princess Diana, his most loyal client. The atmosphere was indescribable, it was overpowering with emotion and passion, something every fashion designer dreams of having their collections remembered by. 

After the exhibit I went across the street to Topshop, how could I not? Topshop was known as the IT place to shop and carried one of a kind pieces not likely to find back home, even though Chicago just opened a Topshop - it's not the same! I found a gorgeous black and white striped dress with black flowers on it and a pair of studded smoking slippers. Using my student ID to my advantage I received 10% off my total only doing 40 pounds in damage - not bad when in US dollars the dress alone would have been more than the total all together!

I made my way towards Big Ben and was blown away by how amazing it was up close! Parliament against the water made for the perfect photo opportunity and the Ferris Wheel was across the bridge! It was the perfect setting because Westminster Abby was right across the street! I remember exactly where I was when I watched Kate and Prince William get married, I was at the dentist for a teeth cleaning before my boyfriends prom. I got to be a princess that day too.

I then ventured over to the Tower Bridge and took pictures of the site where the Queen has her jewels, although I did not go to see them, being near the bridge was enough for me! I went to Covent Gardens, a popular shopping area, and had myself a delicious burger and "chips" (fries). Then I did some shopping, because it's me, and I even found a Starbucks where my jaw dropped at how cheap a cup of coffee was! Everything, even venti sizes, were under 4 pounds!! In Paris everything, even a tall, is over 4 euro! If it wasn't past 6pm and I wasn't full from dinner I would have bought a cup just for my amusement but instead I bought a London coffee mug for under 7 pounds (the mug I bought in Paris was 10 euro, ha)! 

I then made my way back to King's Cross St. Pancras International Station where I boarded the train home and returned to my bed in Paris! It was well worth the day trip and I can't wait to go back some day!

Getting ready to leave Paris Gare du Nord


My first double decker!!


In the flesh! This made my first 30mins in London!


Paris take notes: This coffee is a size MEDIUM and was only 1.80 pounds! 


Outside the Victoria & Albert Museum


Christian Dior


Coco Chanel description


Coco Chanel: Trousers: net with sequins; Blouse: silk chiffon with lace and mother of pearl 


Inside the Dior Exhibit


Dress worn by the oh-so-tiny Audrey Hepburn


All the designs made for Barbie sized dolls!


How beautiful is this construction?


His favorite client: Lady Diana


Hi Ben :)


Me and Ben


It's a love affair


Parliament and Ben 


Ferris Wheel


Westminster Abby


Buckingham Palace


Me in front of the gate!


Tower Bridge


The things you see at Covent Garden..


Heading home!


Going to frame this on my wall with the other shopping bags I've gotten while abroad!


My guide to London


It opens up to a full map of Central and West End London!


My next book to read!


My new shoes!


Bought this from a little shop in Convent Garden!


The dress I bought from Topshop for half the price it'd be in America! 


Can never have to many coffee mugs!



Comments

Popular Posts