Last Week as an Intern #InternDiaries

You can imagine how sad I should feel being that it is my last week as an intern but let me tell you my friends, I have never been more ecstatic about anything else! Why you may ask? Well, I have been hiding this from all of you since I started my internship but my boss is a bit, understatement, of a micro-manager. For those of you who don't (and you're lucky) know what it is, it basically means I work for someone who makes a short day the longest of life. He second guesses a lot of clear decisions I make and questions every move I make social media wise. I'm saving all the juicy details for my short story: The Devil Worked for Prada which I will be publishing on my blog soon!

Back to the important part: this is my last week and I couldn't be happier! 
It also doesn't hurt that I booked a day trip to London tomorow ;) Heyy, tickets were cheapest that day and I surely doubt my best friend a.k.a my boss will miss me! I have been wanting to go to London ever since I watched my first episode of Made in Chelsea, I wish I was kidding. I was completely sucked in by their British accents and the way they dress and how their hair is always perfectly messy! They are on my list of people to stalk tomorrow, kidding find is more of what I meant but it may be looked at as stalking...

Yesterday to start the week off right I went to the Loire Valley where I got to explore 3 chateaus, castles in French: Chenonceau, Cheverny, and Chambord. It was amazing to be taken out of Paris for the day and to be thrown into this time period of intricate beauty and architecture. I was feeling my inner 5 year old princess dreams coming alive with every step up the spiral staircases of the castles. It was a great way to start the week!

Now, unable to walk properly thanks to the spiral staircases with their 300+ steps, I am painfully sitting at my desk resting my aching body from yesterdays adventures and enjoying every minute that goes by because it means one less until the end of the day and then the end of the week. To be honest with anyone that'll ask my everything I have learned from this internship has come out of what I have taught myself. I will give no credit to my boss, the micro-manager, because he taught nothing except for one crucial thing: how not to run a company. If that was the only thing I got out of spending X amount of dollars to come here than I will take it because in this industry if you don't swim, you sink, and he is headed for the Titanic as I see it. I am getting ahead of myself just wait until I publish my short-story and you'll understand exactly where I am coming from!

I have one week left at my internship followed by one week left in Paris and  I can not wait to explore the rest of Paris that I have yet to see since being here and immediately thrown into French class followed by my internship. It is going to be so nice to make my own schedule for a week!

My Loire Valley pictures:

Chateau Chenonceau

This is the center of the Labyrinth


Chateau Cheverny


The family still lives in this chateau! After 6 centuries it is still lived in!

My favorite: Chateau Chambord


Crazy spiral staircases


Crazy gorgeous architecture!


Reading material for the win


Me again as always!


Comments

Popular Posts