Inspiration is Everywhere

I've learned many things over Paris Fashion Week: the more avant garde you dress the more likely you are to have your picture taken, black and white will always be in style (even if it is the trend for spring), if you have a fur coat, floppy hat, and high heels you're automatically chic, and if you tell the woman at the entrance of a pop-up party you're the Russian representative for ____ she'll let you in. 

I've counted my successes not by the amount of times I've been granted access to shows but by the amount of times I've been denied, yet continued my pursuit. It's easy to get upset over waiting in lines for hours only to be told no one is getting in but it's also an experience not everyone gets the chance to experience. I've also come to respect the amazing styles I've seen from the other fellow fashion bloggers decked out in high heels and even higher skirts freezing their asses off just dying to get a good shot of someone famous while also trying to get into the show. Takes a lot of guts to stand in the cold wearing tights and 5in heels! 

What I've taken away the most over the weekend was style is evolutionary, everywhere, and endless. Some of the most stylish people I have seen so far are the photographers alone! Clearly style is necessary to be a fashion blogger in Paris! Whether I get into shows or not I'm watching a show of style before my eyes watching the photographers stalk and walk by. 

The best experience over the Paris Fashion Week-end was after being denied entry into the John Galliano show across the street from my office and deciding, spur of the moment, to crash a pop-up opening party for a designer I'd never even heard of; the address: I had head of. Off I went along with a new friend and her roommate to the pop-up event. When we got there I confidently stated I was the Director of Communications for Icon-Icon. She looked at me and then said, "Your the Russian representative right?" I quickly replied yes and she replied, "We've heard a lot about you!" Just like that we were granted entry into this extravagant party where we were immediately handed a glass of champagne and mingling with others! Definitely grateful for my "Director of Communications" status as I got to play socialite for the night in Paris. Made for a great Sunday evening!

I love the pink sweater with the leather jacket!
It's the perfect blend of feminine and edgy especially with the bold pop of color in her bag!


Fur is EVERYWHERE at Paris Fashion Week!
I've been obsessing over getting a fur coat ever since!
Oh and how great are her wedges?!


Sherlock Holmes meets Paris Fashion Week!
I'm loving the floor length coat and fedora hat!

How chic do these two look?!


Gotta love a guy that can rock the tuxedo look and two toned shoes at a Fashion Show!


This has given me a new outlook on plaid!


Almost reminds me of the swan costume from the Oscars but the long black gloves
and round shades make this look Chic!


You never would've thought she was a photographer!
Love the Chanel handbag and her high heels!


Me trying something a la Parisian Style!
Yes, I did mix cut out tights with a lace dress layered under a sweatshirt
under a blazer!


Love her leggings with the crosses on them!


Always obsessing over Chanel 
I can't help it!


This girl borrowed her roommates necklace,
I'll be she wanted it back after how many pictures were taken of her!


This couple was taking pics while kissing but I was more concerned with how
amazing her outfit was!


Avant garde at its finest!


May I point out the MK handbag (miss my job)
I told you the photographers are just as well dressed, if not better, than 
the people WITH invites!


This makes me want leather pants!


I received my invite (after I got in and took on off the counter)!






Respect Nature and Respect Yourself!


This brings me back to Knitwear class!


Here I am playing Russian Representative with my glass of champagne!


Again with the fur!







Comments

Popular Posts