A Few of My Favorite Things




Post number 3

I'll start by saying I have a slight sick (yes, sick) obsession with Coco Chanel. Ha, I wish I was kidding. I am currently in the middle of reading my 4th (I've honestly lost count...) book on her. I own 2 movies about her and I could probably recite her entire life from memory. Yes, I know it's ridiculous. But I love her. I love her style, her voice, her passion, just all of it. I aspire to be like her when I begin designing my first collections.

My next inspiration (going clockwise) is an Old Hollywood inspired photograph that I adore. I love the idea of classic glamour. Black top liner and red lipstick is the best go-to last minute look that screams instant classic. Of course I love the instant chic-ness of black. Like Coco Chanel who created the first LBD (Little Black Dress) in 1926 in mourning of her greatest love Boy Capel, I favor dark colors the most.

Audrey Hepburn. Need I say more? Now I will admit the only movie I've seen by her is Breakfast at Tiffany's....But she is a classic. I love the way she represented herself and how many elegant photographs there are of her.

Last but not least, This photo of the inside of a closet is just gorgeous. It has the classic meets modern twist that I am fond of. The black chandelier is my favorite piece but the hot pink wall just adds that extra touch that gives it a modern flair. The houndstooth chair adds the right touch of flair as well. If I could the entire inside of my room would look like this.


And now you know what inspires me the most! What inspires you? Please feel free to comment :)

Comments

Popular Posts