Tales From a Broke Ass B*tch

When I graduated college (with my bachelors in Fashion Design) I pictured the beginning of my career and life as a designer to be full of inspiration and free time to design and sketch and make all of my clothing!

haha.

That was a joke.

I've come to find that a majority of my time is spent working, paying bills, and watching shows on my DVR. I constantly find myself pooped from a long day of work and laying in bed with some form of food, not good for my body. It's so easy to beat yourself down and wish for a better tomorrow that's spent doing something worth while but here I am another day gone by and I'm making up excuses for not being productive. A few weeks ago I went to a lecture on the Economics of Fashion hosted by the founder of French Vendette (website), Erika Degraffinreaidt, and it was like waking a sleeping beast. I suddenly realized what I was lacking from my everyday life. The necessary motivation to reach my goal as an established Fashion Designer. Erika spoke about doing everything it takes to accomplish your goals and know that it will not be a walk in the park. I think my problem is that I have all the ingredients but I don't have the recipe. Yet that's life, or as the tattoo on my foot says: C'est La Vie (French for That's Life)!

Reaching my goals of owning a company and turning Juliann Marie into a brand will take more than sitting on my ass and creating Pinterest boards... It's going to take long hours and frustration. I know I can do it though and that's what I need to keep me going. Motivation. If this industry was easy then everyone would do it.

Look out fashion world! 
Juliann Marie is going to take over!


Comments

Popular Posts