Come for the wine, stay for the champagne!



Hi my lovelies!

It has been farrrrrr too long since I've wrote a blog post. I'm talking like over a year (shock and horror gasp)! A lot has certainly changed and I don't really want to get into the nitty gritty of it all but I'll definitely give you a little summary and then (hopefully) spill a little more as I continue to post more!

Right now, I'm finding myself. I know it sounds like one of those hippy dippy phrases to say but I really am. I'm 24 years old and for the first time I am on my own, renting an apartment in Chicago, dating an amazing guy, oh and the cherry on top? I got fired twice this year and am currently unemployed and my rent is due on the first. #awkard

The silver lining is that I'm able to take a step back and look at it one of two ways.

Way one: I got fired. I have plenty of free time now to focus on centering myself and really looking at what it is that is going to make ME happy. I can mediate more, do yoga, go to the gym, cook, read, sit by the lake, and maybe even blog more!

Way two: I got fired. Holy shit balls! What am I gonna do? How am I gonna pay my bills? What are my parents gonna think? My grandparents? I'm screwed! Omg! Omg! Omg!

Yikes.

Yea, let's opt for way one! So for the past few weeks I've been "doin me" so-to-speak. I've found myself cooking more since my boyfriend and I are both vegan and I have got to admit it's not half bad. Earlier this year I met with a nutritionist who got me inspired to go vegan and after discussing it with my boyfriend he was fully on board since he too used to be vegan. So long story short I found myself using my free time to cook more in my cute little kitchen and also listening to Podcast to better my mood and mindset.

I'm a firm believer in The Secret and wanted to get my mind centered and use my getting fired as an opportunity to take a step back and look at my life and the actions (or thoughts) that led up to my being fired. One of the Podcast I found is Style Your Mind by Cara Alwill Leyba. Ah-ma-zing! Completely hooked after the first episode. I was 34 behind (at the time) and needless to say I caught up in probably a weeks time. I was completely consumed. Whether I was taking the train, walking, or driving my car I was listening to her Podcast and letting her words flow over me. It was like something inside of me finally woke up. It was like, "Omg, this is amazing." I had a whole new outlook on life and from that I joined her Facebook group, The Slay Baby Collective, and it was like I had suddenly found Narnia.

All these amazing women who were like-minded and had been through something whether it broke them and rebuilt them or they were like me, lost and just trying to find themselves. It was like going down the rabbit whole. Once I discovered the group I then found myself buying crystals and incense and candles and books on finding my Dharma and tarot cards and oh my!

I started this blog so many years ago as a young girl in college with a dream to become the next big fashion designer and I was going to do whatever I could to get there. Here I am years later realizing that sometimes the real world laughs at you while handing you your student loan bill. Yep. But for being someone with no plan b or no back up plan I have to say I'm a little inspired by that spit fire girl who only saw the outcome and not the process. I want to get back to that. To find her. So stay with me if you want or exit your browser and say "This bitch is crazy." Either way, I'm finding myself and maybe you will too.

xoxo,

Jules

Comments

Popular Posts