In Sickness and in Health

Hello my wonderful people! I have risen from the dead after being sick with mono for what felt like an eternity (actually 2 weeks but hey!). What I thought was the flu and then strep turned into the most miserable experience of my life. I tell you, between the fevers, chills, night sweats, fatigue, nausea, swollen glands, and dehydration I was a bit of a hot mess. Simple things like getting a glass of water felt like the most physical activity ever! It truly made me value good health and the power of sleep! 

But have no fear because I am back and with a vengeance! 

You have no idea how good it felt to actually get ready for work and do my hair, makeup, and put on something other than sweats! 


Here is yesterday's look! This jacket was a return at work and I instantly snatched it up. I have been obsessed with finding a utility jacket with sequined sleeves for maybe a year? I had to mask the joy on my face when the customer returned it claiming her daughter didn't like it. What's not to like?! Her trash became my treasure! I paired it with my Bauble Bar necklace (that I'd also gotten on sale) because who can resist a little sparkle?? Not to mention my plethora of Alex & Ani bracelets because I love to mix and match my metals. As Michael Kors taught me (when I worked there) it is ok to mix your metals because they stand out better! To top off my look I added my new pair of BP trolleys in gray that I got on sale from work! If you couldn't tell I like to shop on a budget! 




Today's look was inspired by my Parisian roots (from my glory days when I lived in Paris for 3 months!) I'm wearing my favorite black and white striped blazer that I got on sale for $25 from Dry Goods, a black BCBGMAXAZRIA asymmetrical top (that I wear the hell out of) that was a gift from my grandmother, a long pearl necklace with a black bow that I bought when I was just starting out in retail at the tender age of 16 at Aeropostale, black leggings (my staple wardrobe piece) that I bought on sale from work, and my black quilted boots that I also wear the crap out of (it's to the point where the heel is literally about to break off!) that I bought from Charlotte Russe! Here's a little secret: Charlotte Russe has the best deals on shoes ALWAYS! I typically go and buy my boots from there because there's always a sale either buy one get one $10 or $15! $10 for boots?? Yes please! 

Stick with me and I'll show you some goods deals :) 

It's one thing to be a fashionista but it's another thing to do it when you're on a budget! 


À bientôt mess amis! 






Comments

Popular Posts