New Year Same Me?

When the ball drops at midnight it's the equivalent to repenting for your sins at church after a night out that only your SnapChat remembers. You know what though? That is perfectly ok because the only person that can really judge you is the one looking back at you in the mirror. It may seem cliche but I feel like I went to bed and woke up a more grown up and mature version of myself. I no longer am worried about the opinions of my friends or even my frienamies. I no longer feel compelled to gossip as soon as someone walks into the room that I cannot stand. Instead, I am more concerned with making a name for myself in the industry that I've spent years admiring. Ever since I was 11 years old and I sat down infront of my first sewing machine I felt something inside of me come alive. It was like that scene in Harry Potter when he holds his wand and the wind blows all around him and he just knows, this is what I'm meant to do. That is fashion for me. Whether or not I have 900 Instagram, let alone 900k, followers does not concern me, what does is how I feel while doing it. I may not be in love with someone but I am in love with fashion and that is the most important relationship to me right now. 

Yes a new year is upon us and yes maybe our sins of last year have been washed away but let's make sure that we don't bring them back after only a few weeks? Diet plan? Savings plan? Career plan? Whatever your goal for the year is think of it as a daily objective. The shorter the task the higher the success! Let's do it together! Strength in numbers as they say! 

À bientôt mess amis! 



Juliann Marie

Comments

Popular Posts