Simply Stylist Chicago

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to share with you the incredible event I had the honor of attending this past Saturday! Simply Stylist is a conference held in varies cities that touches on fashion and beauty with a panel of fabulous people talking about the ins and outs of the industry and how they came to achieve what they have. It was a majorly inspiring ordeal to sit in the same room as the people that I follow on Instagram and who's make up tips I utilize on YouTube!



The panel of industry professionals included Corrie McFadden, the creator of eDrop-Off; Jacey Duprie, lifestyle blogger; Joey Maalouf, celebrity hair and makeup artist; and Sazan Barzani, fashion and beauty blogger. The event was hosted by none other than E! News corespondent, Catt Sadler. 



As each panelist spoke I couldn't help but find myself, like so many others in the room, mesmerized by their words and stories. Corri McFadden of eDrop-Off link here, gave 3 key pieces of advice: listen to your gut, know what it is you're after, and becoming a mother really changes your perspective. Jacey Duprie of Damsel in Dior link here, spoke about consistency being a key factor in blogging and communicating with your readers. You have to give thanks where it's deserved and write thank you notes to those who've helped you or inspired you. 

Joey Maalouf, celebrity hair stylist and make up artist link here, stole the show! He is the most outgoing person I've ever met but the amazing thing about him is that he goes out there and gets things done. The one piece of advice that really stuck with me was probably the most plain and simple of them all, 'ask for help and realize your resources'. Many times we expect to get things done on our own but in the reality we need help and as much of it as we can get! So utilizing the people around you and their strengths is probably the most important part in being successful. This is something I know I need to work on, asking for help. I tend to be very independent and usually work alone on projects but I know that building my empire and starting my career is going to take a lot of resources! Joey also made a point of being open to ALL possible options in your field. For example, he started out doing makeup and an opportunity presented itself when a hairstylist didn't show up for a client so he stepped in and completed the look, that client was Rachel Zoe. I die. Lastly his advice said all it needed to, 'learn EVERYTHING about your passion'. Simple as that.

Last but not least Sazan Barzani who has a fashion and beauty blog link here was as beautiful as she was well spoken! Her advice was to google fashion communities and make blogger friends (kinda going back to Joey's advice about asking for help). Create your own ABC's when it comes to your blog and don't feel the need to follow a set guideline. 

One of the most genuine and shared piece of advice from everyone, including Catt, was to be organic. Remain true to yourself and to your passion and the rest will fall into place from there. 

So here I am, being the most honest version of myself. You don't have to like it and that's perfectly fine. Just know that what you see is what you get! 


Getting my note pad ready! "A girl should be two things: who and what she wants" -Coco Chanel


Our beautiful host, Catt Sadler link here


Sarah, the founder of Simply Stylist, with the panelist and Catt Sadler


Fashion Illustrations by Julija Lubgane link here


Joey Maalouf taking a second to snap a photo with me!


Standing on Vertigo Rooftop at the Dana Hotel and Spa where the event took place


And finally, my amazing goodie bag! 













Comments

Popular Posts