Sick of being sick

Why is it that having a cough for three weeks has to turn into a fever and some form of bronchitis? For weeks I've been taunted by this tickle in my throat, nothing more but a tickle. No headache, no stuffy nose, no sneezing, etc,. But this week took a turn for the worst, I found myself having trouble getting out of bed and my cough developed a new sound. I knew something was wrong. Now, I get to lay in bed all day sneezing, sniffling, coughing, and drinking tea. I hate being sick. It feels like a message from a higher power telling me to take a chill pill and reevaluate what I need to be focusing on. I know, I'm weird like that, I am a huge follower of the Secret (here) and believe that everything happens to be by the laws of attraction.

Now that I am sick I can assure you that I brought this upon myself. Now you may think that it is weird for me to say this but like I said, the laws of attraction bring to me what I think about. No, I didn't ask to get sick. I'm not trying to avoid a big test. What I believe is the reason for my sickness is that I need to take a step back and remember what is important to me. I always feel unmotivated at school because I don't focus on what's in front of me. I believe I am sick right now to draw my attention back into my work.

Another thing I hate about being sick is that I don't want to do anything. I can barely dress myself let alone put on makeup to cover up my paleness from being sick. I have found myself clutching to my comforter and wearing nothing but yoga pants and sweatshirts. Now trust me, I am not a yoga pants and sweatshirt kinda girl unless I'm working out or going to bed. I despise wearing yoga pants to school unless I'm under the weather; and let me tell you, yesterday, I was. It was horrible. As for my make up? Sheesh..well every time I go to sneeze my eyes water and then the sneeze goes away so I look like I'm crying all the time. Awkward. Since my foundation would smear along with my mascara, I tend to go for a lighter powdered look and some waterproof mascara! Sneaky eh? Since I am forced to go out on occasion I need to pretend to make myself look presentable.

Comments

Popular Posts